Wednesday, November 13, 2013

ECCE Speaking test: Stage 2

Could you tell me what the options are?

Of course. You could live in a house, some miles away from the university, or you could live in the dormitory in the university's facilities.

What about the advantages of each option?

Well, if you chose to live in a house you would have more privacy and you could also save some money because living in a house costs only 150 dollars. Additionally, you would have someone to cook for you as well and to do all the chores of the house. If you chose the dormitory, you would live with a roomate and you would also be more confortable because the dormitory contains shops,cafes and restaurants.You will also get to know other students and be closer to the lecture hall.

Can you tell me the disadvantages of each option?

Well, if you are going to live in a house you should take the bus to go to your class and you are also away from your friends.If you chose to live in the dormitory, then you should pay 800 dollars per month.Additionally, you won't have homemade food and you should also do all the chores.

I'd probably choose to live in the dormitory because I could have a roomate and all the university's facilities are very close. I could also be with my friends every time I want and finally I could learn how to cook.

Why don't you choose the other option? Explain briefly.
Sum up in a concluding sentence.


1 comment:

  1. That was a great post, Chris, but do you now remember how your opinion in the end are supposed to be expressed? :-)

    ReplyDelete